PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Additionally when you make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, phone number and details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information.
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations), settle disputes or to provide customer support.
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Share information with you when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Squarespace to power our online store. You can read more about how Squarespace uses your Personal Information here: https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
We use Mailchimp to process our newsletter sign-ups. You can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
We use Stripe to process payments on our Site. You can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Squarespace, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Stripe and Google Cloud are all Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Denya Dessena am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may write to me at: 27 Hampers Green, Petworth, West Sussex, GU28 9NW.